Get Inspired with Party Ideas and Planning Advice
|PLUS Join the thousands of members already using our Free online and printable invitations and full suite of party planning tools.||Free Sign-up Now »|
This Party Tip submitted by BizGirl - Dec 22nd, 2008
Christmas Trivia Questions
Test your Christmas knowledge with the following Christmas trivia questions. Check your answers with the Christmas Trivia key on the bottom.
1. What year was Christmas declared a federal holiday?
2. How many states in the US grow Christmas trees?
d. all 50
3. In which war did opposing soldiers put down their guns, wish each other a Merry Christmas, and spend a day together celebrating?
c. Civil War
4. Who was the first American Christmas card maker?
a. R.H. Pease
b. Jack Frost
c. Betsy Johnson
d. Dr. Seuss
5. What city/state was banned from celebrating Christmas in the 1600’s?
b. New Jersey
d. New York
6. How many years do Christmas trees grow before they are sold?
a. About 5 years
b. Approximately 15 years
c. Exactly 20 years
d. About 23
7. How many wise men visited Jesus in the manger?
8. Poinsettias where brought to the US from which country?
9. Who is the most famous reindeer of all?
10. Since the 1890’s, which nonprofit places donation collecting Santa Clauses on the street?
a. The Salvation Army
c. Boys and Girls Club
d. Red Cross
11. What year was the poem “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas” written?
12. Since AD 354, Jesus Christ’s birthday is celebrated on which date?
a. November 25th
b. December 10th
c. December 25th
d. January 7th
13. True or False. The Christmas carol “Away in a Manger” was composed so it could be sung by a Sunday school class?
14. What is the most popular cookie left for Santa by children?
a. chocolate chip
b. peanut butter
c. sugar cookies
d. Oreo Cookies
15. What does the candy cane’s shape represent?
a. A Stick
b. A Shepherds Crook
c. A Yule Time Log
d. A Walking Cane
16. Why are candy canes white and red?
a. For purity and for the blood Jesus shed
b. For happiness and love
c. For good and bad
d. For the best flavor
17. What cookie’s packaging was designed as an ornament?
a. Chips Ahoy
b. Mrs. Fields
c. Animal Crackers
d. Fig Newtons
18. Who are Santa’s helpers?
d. his siblings
19. In the song “Deck the Halls”, what are they decking the halls with?
a. Boughs of Holly
d. Candy Canes
20. What was Frosty the Snowman’s nose made out of?
b. a corn cob
c. red hots
d. a button
21. Who wrote “Here Comes Santa Claus”?
a. Gene Autry
b. Oakley Haldeman
c. Jack Frost
d. Both a and b
22. How many reindeer are in Santa’s fleet?
23. How many times does Santa check his list to see if you’ve been naughty or nice?
d. every day
24. According to “The Christmas Song”, what is roasting on an open fire?
25. What was sent on the fifth day of Christmas?
a. french hens
b. golden rings
c. calling birds
d. a partridge in a pear tree
Christmas Trivia Questions Answer Key
1. B 2. D 3. A 4. A 5. C 6. B 7. C 8. D 9. C 10. A 11. A 12. C 13. A 14. D 15. B 16. A 17. C 18. C 19. A 20. D 21. D 22. B 23. C 24. A 25. B
- add to basket 0 comments
This item has 0 comments
- by BizGirl - Sep 19th, 2008
- Au Gratin Potatoes 12 Russet potatoes in 1/4 inch slices 2 medium onions, chopped...
- 0 Comments
- by BizGirl - Jan 18th, 2009
- Written by Johnny Marks (c) 1962 Have a holly, jolly Christmas; It's the best time...
- 0 Comments