Asian Sausage Rolls Appetizer from Shelburne Inn & China Beach Retreat in Seaview, Washington
Serves: 10 | Prep time: minutes
Sauté the first 8 ingredients, breaking up the pork into very small clumps.
Then add the remaining ingredients and cool to room temperature.
Sourdough Refrigerator Biscuit dough:
Soften yeast in water.
Sift dry ingredients. Cut in butter. In separate container mix liquid ingredients together. Add to dry ingredients all at once and stir until just moistened. No longer.
Turn out onto a floured surface and knead a few times, adding just a little flour to keep the dough from sticking. Roll out to a thickness of one inch, cut into rounds 2 ½ inches in diameter, and place on a greased baking sheet with sides touching.
Refrigerate overnight, covered with plastic wrap, or bake right away in an oven pre-heated to 400 degrees for about 18 minutes.
Forming the Rolls: You can brush the tops of the biscuits with milk before baking to add a nice golden color to the finished product. Makes approximately 30 biscuits
Using Sourdough Refrigerator Biscuit dough, roll out a fistful of dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. Cut rounds of about 2-1/2 inches. Then roll each round again to make it thinner still. Then place about a Tablespoon of the sausage mixture in the center of the dough. Gather up the ends and pinch to form a sealed ball. Place on a greased baking sheet. Before baking, brush each roll with an egg wash (one egg yolk plus two teaspoons of cream) and top with sesame seeds. Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for about 18 minutes, until nicely golden brown.
Recipe brought to you by BnBFinder.com
- Sausage Mixture
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon Chinese Hot Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon Chinese hot oil
- 1 8-oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Chinese parsley, chopped finely
- 1 Tablespoon chives, chopped finely
- Sourdough Refrigerator Biscuit dough:
- 1 Tablespoon yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 6 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 2 cups buttermilk
Submitted by BizGirl online at
Create and share your own recipes at http://bestpartyever.com
Everything within the dashed box should print on a 3x5 index card