Get Inspired with Party Ideas and Planning Advice
|PLUS Join the thousands of members already using our Free online and printable invitations and full suite of party planning tools.||Free Sign-up Now »|
Recipe submitted by emilyrixon01 - 1 weeks ago
Serves: 24 | Prep time: 30 minutes
- 10 oz. cheddar cheese
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- dash garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Put the softened cheese and butter in the bowl of a heavy-duty electric mixer. Using the heaviest mixer attachment, beat the cheese and butter until the mixture has the consistency of whipped cream, about 30 minutes.
3. On a sheet of waxed paper, sift three cups of the flour with the salt, black pepper, cayenne and garlic powder. Gradually add the seasoned flour to the cheese mixture by large spoonfuls, beating well after each addition. Add the unseasoned flour until the dough is somewhat stiff but still soft enough to be pushed through a cookie press; you may not need to add all of the flour.
4. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Put a portion of the dough into a cookie press fitted with the star tube and press the dough onto the cookie sheet in long strips that run the length of the pan. Note: If you don’t have a cookie press, form the dough into 1-inch balls and flatten them with a fork.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. The cheese straws should be golden brown and crisp. With a sharp knife, cut the long strips into 3-inch lengths. Use a flat, thin spatula or egg turner to remove the cheese straws from the pan. Allow them to cool on a wire rack. When they are completely cool, store in a tightly covered container.
Source: Trisha Yearwood - www.hgtv.com
See more Appetizer Recipes
- add to basket 0 comments
This item has 0 comments
- by BizGirl - Dec 20th, 2008
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Separate dough into four rectangles. Press seams to seal. Spread each rectangle with about 1 1/2 tbsp cheese to within 1/4 inch of edges. Top with 1 slice ham and spinach leaves. Starting at short… more
- by BizGirl - 2 weeks ago
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place baguette slices on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted, turning once. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, olives, parsley, vinegar, oil and red pepper in a medium bowl. Place 1 cheese slice… more