Get Inspired with Party Ideas and Planning Advice
|PLUS Join the thousands of members already using our Free online and printable invitations and full suite of party planning tools.||Free Sign-up Now »|
Recipe submitted by BizGirl - Dec 20th, 2008
Serves: 12 | Prep time: 5 minutes
- 6lbs lean beef tenderloin
- 1 bottle (16oz) Italian salad dressing
- Coarse black pepper to taste
Marinate meat in salad dressing for 4 to 5 hours, turning periodically. Sprinkle with pepper and grill over charcoal to desired doneness. To serve, carve across the grain into slices and add a dollop of your favorite mustard.
Source: Some magazine- It's Bill Clinton's favorite meat dish
See more Maincourse Recipes
- add to basket 1 comments
- BizGirl - Jan 1st, 2009
This is one of my favorite recipes. When I make this, I use Wishbone Italian dressing and I tie the meat so no area is larger than another. I turn the grill on high and sear the tenderloin. Then I put the flames on low and grill for 18-19 minutes per pound, turning occasionally. After I have reached my desired doneness (Rare 120° , Med 140°), I take it off the heat, cover it, and let it sit for 20 minutes. Letting it sit is very important. It traps the juices and makes it extra tasty.
- by BizGirl - Dec 20th, 2008
- Simmer meat in ample water until tender but not well done. Cut into small cubes and saute in fat. Add chopped chilies, garlic, tomatoes, and broth. Simmer slowly, covered, until meat is done. Season with salt to taste. Better the… more