Get Inspired with Party Ideas and Planning Advice
|PLUS Join the thousands of members already using our Free online and printable invitations and full suite of party planning tools.||Free Sign-up Now »|
Party idea submitted by BizGirl 3 weeks ago
Labor Day Back to College Party
Labor Day was establish to honor the men and women working to make this country great. On this day many refrain from working. Yippee! Sounds like the perfect time to have a party. When was the last time that most people were having fun and did not have a career? I’m thinking college and that’s why I’m recommending a “Back to College” party.
1. Make report cards or fliers using your computer or purchase report cards at your local craft or book store.
2. Write the what, where, when, on the report card and include additional information such as attire and if food will be served.
3. Send the invitations approximately a month early.
Food- pizza, chips, salad, and punch. Add a keg and jungle juice if you plan to serve alcohol.
Attire- ask guests to dress in clothes relevant to their college years.
Music- determine the years that your guests attended college. Choose music that was popular during that time. You may want to consider hiring a DJ. You can find a local DJ using the BestPartyEver.com directory.
1. Light a fire in an outside firepit where people can converse.
2. Consider introducing your favorite card games or board games.
3. Drinking games can be fun but make sure your guests are safe and have designated drivers on hand. You may consider taxi cabs, limos or hiring someone to drive your guests to their destinations.
1. Take pictures of your guests as they arrive and send them the picture as soon as possible.
2. Order glassware and have the host’s name, event name and date etched into the glass.
Photo by: Syma Sees on Flickr
add to basket 0 comments
This item has 0 comments
Related Party Ideas
- by celebration - 1 weeks ago
- This event will be a laid back setting. I'ts an all white affair on every table there will be candle lit sand filled glasses . wall to wall... more
- by nitdivbww - 2 weeks ago
- I do Home Parties, Fundraiser, Salon or Spa party, Office party, Skin-care sessions, mineral makeover parties, mother-daughter parties, pajama... more