Get Inspired with Party Ideas and Planning Advice
|PLUS Join the thousands of members already using our Free online and printable invitations and full suite of party planning tools.||Free Sign-up Now »|
This Party Tip submitted by cmolino - Mar 29th, 2009
Wording for a Gift Certificate
By: Ciarla Molino
Gift certificates are a popular and practical gift whether the recipient lives far or near. Not just for gifts, they also make generous donations for silent auctions. But if you are giving a gift certificate or gift card, the wording can be a little tricky.
Tips for choosing wording for a gift certificate
1) State the company or individual who is providing the service.
2) Include the contact information for redeeming the gift certificate.
3) State the value of the gift certificate.
4) Be clear of any stipulations or exclusions
5) Consider including an expiration date.
6) State whether or not the gift certificate is transferable.
Taking these tips into consideration, additional suggestions for coming up with great gift certificate wording is to make it personal to the recipient (if the recipient is known). Using humor such as a funny joke or witty comment or quote about the occasion for which you are giving the gift certificate. Referring to websites such Quoteland.com to find the perfect quote for the occasion, or Cleanjoke.com to add a little humor to your presentation are great resources to tap into on the web.
When giving a gift certificate, realize that you are giving an opportunity for the recipient to custom create their own gift from the vendor you have chosen. Children love and appreciate gift certificates as they have the flexibility to choose what they want from the store you have chosen, instead of possibly receiving a duplicate gift. And likewise, adults also appreciate the thoughtfulness of a gift certificate because it shows you were considerate but also gives them the freedom to basically choose their own gift as well. So once you pick the perfect gift certificate, all that’s left to do follow these tips to write the perfectly personal wording for a gift certificate.
- add to basket 0 comments
This item has 0 comments
- by BizGirl - Dec 22nd, 2008
- Formulating attractive wording for Christmas party invitations adds excitement, provides...
- 0 Comments
- by BizGirl - Feb 15th, 2009
- Written by Anne Morrow Lindbergh When you love someone, you do not love them all the...
- 0 Comments