Get Inspired with Party Ideas and Planning Advice
|PLUS Join the thousands of members already using our Free online and printable invitations and full suite of party planning tools.||Free Sign-up Now »|
This Party Tip submitted by stuartrental - Jun 25th, 2009
Do-it-Yourself Party Items
Throwing a summer party? Why not make it a Hawaiian Luau Party! In our previous article, we gave some party rental and design tips for a Luau party, which included ideas for linen rentals, table sizes, and theme party rentals. In this post, we will show you some easy do-it-yourself details that will make your Luau party a hit!
For an easy, do-it-yourself centerpiece:
- Fill an 8” bubble bowl with some sand, seashells and a piller
- candle. You can rent the bubble bowl from Stuart Rentals and purchase
- the rest of those items at Michaels, Big Lots or other crafts stores.
- Rent a Cirrus or Turquoise Glass Charger and fill it with just a little bit of water.
- Place the bubble bowl on top of the charger.
- Buy some strands of orchids from a grocery store (Trader Joe’s
- usually has some beautiful orchids) and cut each orchid from its stem
- and float them on top of the water and you have a beautiful Hawaiian
- Rental items used:
- 8’ Bubble Bowl (Also available in 6”, 10”, 12”)
- Cirrus or Turquoise Glass Charger
To see a picture of this beautiful centerpiece, along with some
other do-it-yourself items (including the rolled napkins in the picture above) for your Hawaiian party, please take a look at our full blog “Hawaiian Luau Party (Part 2)”
- add to basket 0 comments
This item has 0 comments
- by stuartrental - Jun 25th, 2009
- Summer is just around the corner. I love this time of year when the days get longer...
- 1 Comments
- by biglyles - Jun 26th, 2009
- It’s been happening across the state. Graduation time is near, excitement, high...
- 0 Comments