Get Inspired with Party Ideas and Planning Advice
|PLUS Join the thousands of members already using our Free online and printable invitations and full suite of party planning tools.||Free Sign-up Now »|
Party idea submitted by ThoughtfullySimple Mar 20th, 2009
Easter Party Ideas
Check out this Easter Party Idea! This is my recipe for the perfect EggStravaganza:
1. Celebrate in a park or large yard- Provide enough space for little ones to run around, play games, and collect Easter eggs.
2. Invitations with all the details- Keep these simple and make a flyer-styled invite. Include all the info about the event (when, where, etc). If you are inviting a large group (and your EggStravaganza) will be outdoors, I suggest you include a “rain disclosure.” Just type something like “If it rains, the event will be cancelled” or “If it rains, the event will be ....” This will prevent you from having to make tons of phone calls Easter morning should the weather not cooperate.
3. Potluck- Avoid doing everything yourself. Let everyone know what you’ll provide (like the ham for example), and ask everyone else to bring a side or dessert. You may consider asking your guests to bring a copy of the recipe they brought to share with the other guests.
4.Egg Hunt- Easter would not be complete without one! If you have a wide variety of children, consider having two different egg hunts so that the little ones don’t get trampled. Separating the ages will also allow you to make sure little kids get age-appropriate goodies in the eggs as well.
5. Games- Think egg toss, sack races, hula hoop contest, etc. Just keep it fun!
Hostess Tip: If you plan on making your Easter party an annual event like I do, ask each family to bring with them one package of un-filled Easter eggs. This will allow you to replenish your stock after Easter is over and you will be all set for next year’s fun!
Photos by Adobemac and jmurawski on flickr
add to basket 0 comments
This item has 0 comments
Related Party Ideas
- by BizGirl - Feb 24th, 2009
- This bachelorette party idea was brought to you by Rose Mary Mercer, Communications Specialist LinkedIn I thought I would share with you what... more
- by murdermystery - Dec 30th, 2009
- Does someone you know have an anniversary in their future? Consider hosting a murder mystery anniversary party. The concept works great for groups... more