Get Inspired with Party Ideas and Planning Advice
|PLUS Join the thousands of members already using our Free online and printable invitations and full suite of party planning tools.||Free Sign-up Now »|
Recipe submitted by cchrisner76 - Sep 17th, 2009
Caramel Pear Mice
Caramel Pear Mice
Serves: 32 | Prep time: 15 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 small ripe pears, such as Anjou or Forelle
- 36 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- 14 ounces of individually wrapped caramels (unwrapped)
- 2 tbsp milk
- Black sesame seeds for eyes
- Pink or yellow candy buttons for noses
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Core and cut pears into eight wedges, blunting the cut side so that it can lay on a flat surface peel side up. Place a skewer into each wedge, cover with paper towel, and set aside.
Place caramels and milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, stirring once. Allow to cool briefly.
Blot excess moisture from the pears using a paper towels. Dip pears completely into caramel, swirling until it is fully coated, allow excess to drip off slightly. Place on prepared sheet pan. Decorate with black sesame seed eyes and candy button noses, while the caramel is still soft. Repeat until all the pears are dipped. Allow to cool until firm about 30 minutes. Serve.
Cook’s Note: As the caramel cools during dipping, it may stiffen and be too thick or slide off on the pear. Just reheat in microwave, checking at 20 second intervals until at the desired dipping consistency.
Source: Food Network Kitchens (Altered)
See more Dessert Recipes
- add to basket 0 comments
This item has 0 comments
- by CsParteez - Jan 19th, 2009
- 1. Sift flour, sugar, salt, soda, and cocoa together into a bowl. . Make three wells. Pour oil into one well, vinegar into second, and vanilla into third well. Pour cold water over all, and stir well with fork. Then… more
- by cchrisner76 - Sep 17th, 2009
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add Rice Krispies® cereal. Stir until well coated. Using 1/2-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray, divide warm cereal mixture into portions.… more