Get Inspired with Party Ideas and Planning Advice
|PLUS Join the thousands of members already using our Free online and printable invitations and full suite of party planning tools.||Free Sign-up Now »|
This Party Tip submitted by murdermystery - Dec 29th, 2009
How to Party Like a Pro
With the right planning you can throw the party of the year that will have people begging to get onto your guestlist.
1. Send out an invitation. When you send out a formal invitation your guests know that this is not an ordinary party, but a night to remember. Be sure to communicate who is invited (specifically kids or no kids). For printed invitations my favorite is Tiny Prints. For online invites BestPartyEver has a great tool along with MyPunchbowl.com
2. Communicate the theme of the night. To eliminate confusion communicate to them the theme, expected attire, and if they are expected to bring something. You can do this on your invitation or use the “plan a party” feature from BestPartyEver.
3. Out with the Old in with the New. This may seem like a no brainer, but sometimes when hosting parties you get in a rut. I can’t count how many times we have made taco dips, bruchetta, or meatballs. Along with your steadfast items always try a new recipe. BestPartyEver has a great selection of recipes or you can try allrecipes.com. If you are scared to launch a new item on your friends cook it for your family during the week to be sure it is a hit. Next to each item you should print up mini recipe cards along with the dates that guests can take home. It will eliminate having to jot it down during the party.
4. The Signature Cocktail. Every party needs a signature cocktail. Think of it as the party favor that gives back all night long. It will be a great way for guests to remember the night when they had a “Cousin Eddy” or a “Jolly Green Giant”. The cocktails don’t need to be fancy…think of it as rebranding a classic to fit your night. Like the food having the drink recipe printed out along with the date of your event is a great take-a-way for your guests.
5. The Big Splurge. Blow your guests away and hire a bartender and server. Not only will you provide your guests with amazing service, you are going to allow yourself to actually enjoy the party. Not to mention have someone help you set-up and clean-up the night of the event. I would recommend posting an add (or do a serach for people advertising their services) on Craigslist. Be sure to ask for references and if possible do a simple background check. If you would rather spend a little more money and not have to worry about their qualifications contact a local event staffing company. At our company we offer on-site faciliators as a way to insure the event is a success.
- add to basket 0 comments
This item has 0 comments
- by BizGirl - Dec 16th, 2008
- Amaze your guests by becoming the best hostess ever. We're not talking mediocre. We're...
- 2 Comments
- by pcllc - Jun 27th, 2009
- 1. Invitations are the first impression for your event. The invitations should connect...
- 0 Comments